1. Before first use, remove all packing materials, labels and tags and wash pan in hot, soapy water. Rinse well and dry. Assemble the glass cover handle, if applicable, following the instructions on the poly bag that holds all handle parts. Tighten by hand, only, do not use tools. Make sure the small washer that goes on the underside of the glass cover is flush with the glass surface. If not, turn the washer around and re-assemble the handle.
2. Heat pan to working temperature. Medium heat is typically sufficient for frying and sauting. Since each stove top has its own settings, find the best heat setting for your stove by starting at a lower setting, then gradually increase until water splashed on the pan surface evaporates immediately with a sizzle. High heat can be used for other applications, like boiling water, stir frying, oven roasting etc. SCANPAN Cookware is oven safe to 500 F.
3. SCANPAN CLASSIC can be used without oil, butter or other seasonings, making it especially suitable for low fat diets.
4. After use, remove food and clean SCANPAN Cookware with warm, soapy water. SCANPAN CLASSIC wipes clean with a sponge. SCANPAN CLASSIC is dishwasher safe. We recommend to use extra care if you decide to clean the pans in the dishwasher to prevent damage to plates, glassware etc.
5. When storing SCANPAN Cookware and "nesting" (placing smaller pots inside larger pots) is required due to space limitations, we recommend placing a paper or cloth towel between the pots and pans to prevent scuff marks. Glass covers should ideally be stored upright using the SCANPAN Glass Storage Rack # 999150. If that is not practical, we recommend using towels or other suitable material to wrap the covers and to prevent them from chipping or breaking.